Saturday, July 10, 2010

Six flags...More flags, more flags!

Yesterday we spent a very fun and exhausting day at Six Flags Great America. I love that Lia calls it "Six flags. More flags, more flags." Because we live so close to Great America, we drive past it to go many places (the library, the mall, Target, Dairy Queen, etc.) And every time we see any glimpse of Six Flags, Lia gets excited.
As much as Lia likes Six Flags, I think that she really just puts up with all the rides. She LOVES Wiggle World. (During the Wiggle show, I told Tim that in ten years or so I see myself driving Lia to work at Six Flags as a performer. At 4, she is dancing and singing in the aisles.) Lia is not an adventure kind of girl. She is a safe, cautious girl. Roller coasters make her nervous.
Ellie, on the other hand, had a blast on the rides yesterday. This was her first time on any kind of amusement park ride. On the Wiggle airplane ride, if I had not been holding her very tight, I honestly think she would have tried to jump out. And the higher we were, the happier Ellie was. Ellie loves adventure, being high, climbing, etc.
A few other moments...
*Lia chose to sit with Corinne on the Little Dipper roller coaster. I feel like this is was the first of many choosing friends over mom moments. Sigh.
*Every hour, on the hour Six Flags plays that "I like to move it" song. Ellie danced every hour...for the whole song.
I have to say that going to Great America brings back a lifetime of memories for me. I remember going as a kid, as a teenager with my youth group, when Tim and I were just married. Just the sound and smells alone take me back. Nothing is better than a hot summer day at Six Flags!

No comments:

Post a Comment