Sunday, September 19, 2010

One of the joys of parenthood

I had a funny conversation the other day with my mom. I was telling her a story about the girls and was talking about how we went into the soft room. My mom had to stop me and ask what the heck the soft room is. Lia has been calling our living room the soft room for months now (because it has carpeting, for the record.) I never thought I would have to explain to someone what room I was talking about based on my daughter's naming techniques.
So, without further ado, here is Lia's list of rooms in our house...
The soft room=the living room
The TV room=the family room
The shoe room=the foyer (this is Ellie's favorite room)
Daddy's room=the guest bedroom where Tim keeps his clothes (yeah, they don't fit in the large walk-in closet in our room. Sorry, Tim!)
Mommy's room=the master bedroom
All of the rest of the rooms she does use their more generic everyone-knows-them names.
I think I'm going to go rest in the soft room.

No comments:

Post a Comment