Thursday, December 9, 2010
What a joy!
Yesterday afternoon I was fighting a headache after a busy day of Ellie, teaching 4 year olds, and Christmas prep. I heard Ellie drag something into the family room and saw Lia jump off the couch and run over. They were playing so nicely, I didn't even give it a second thought. After a few minutes of quiet, I asked Lia what they are doing. Lia responds, "I'm potty training." Huh? So, I quickly get up and see Ellie sitting on the little potty with her pants pulled down and her diaper off. Sure enough, Ellie went pee pee in the potty. We clapped and got her a special treat (a candy cane, her new favorite!) I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. Number one: My 4 year old has a better grasp on potty training then me??? Sad, but true. Number two: How is it possible that Ellie is old enough for potty training? Wasn't she just born? Isn't she still a baby? I guess not. For the record, I'm not counting on quick potty training...or potty training this young. If it happens, great. If not, I guess I get to keep my baby just a little bit longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment